Alleghany Highlands Regional Library • 406 West Riverside St. • Covington, VA 24426 • (540) 962-3321
The Alleghany Highlands Regional Library provides public meeting room space in the Board Room and the W. N. "John" Rice Community Room.
For reservation information, please contact the Library Circulation Desk at (540) 962-3321.
W. N. "John" Rice Community Room:
- Capacity = 75 persons max
- Multimedia presentation equipment is available
- Tables and chairs (50) are available and may be rearranged into any configuration desired
- Food and beverages are allowed in this room, and a small kitchen area is available at the back
The Board Room
- Large conference table and 10 chairs
- Multimedia presentation equipment is available.
- No food or drinks are allowed
Rates (if a fee is charged):
- Board room: $10 per hour
- Community Room: $25 per hour.
Room usage policies:
- The Library Director has the sole authority to approve or deny any request for public meeting room use.
- Access is provided free of charge to governmental, educational, cultural, and community organizations of a public nature, as long as all meetings are open to the public without charge.
- Rooms may not be used for purely private or social functions or gatherings or for fundraising events.
- Reservations for meeting rooms may be made up to one year in advance.
- A reservation form must be filled out and returned to the Circulation Desk at least three business days prior to the event. This form is available at the desk or by downloading it from the link below.
- All fees must be paid at least 72 hours in advance
- All reserved places must be left clean and all furniture restored to the original positions. A room setup diagram is provided for reference in the Community Room.
- For a complete list of policies pertaining to use of the public meeting spaces, please contact the Library.